ICWIP 2014 - 5th IUPAP International Conference on Women in Physics
05/08/2014 to 08/08/2014
This unique conference series brings together delegates from around the world to
• Showcase and celebrate scientific work in all areas of physics
• Develop resolutions to address gender issues and promote the participation of women in physics
• Provide networking opportunities to build a strong, diverse and inclusive worldwide physics community
ICWIP 2014 will feature:
Plenary talks by distinguished speakers from around the world. Currently confirmed speakers include:
• Melissa Franklin, Mallinckrodt Professor and Chair of Physics, Harvard University
• Silvia Torres-Peimbert, Professor Emeritus, Institute of Astronomy, Mexico City University and President Elect of the Executive Committee, International Astronomical Union.
• Sabine Stanley, Associate Professor and Canada Research Chair in Planetary Physics, University of Toronto
• Tsai-Chien Chiang, Editor in Chief of the China Times and author of "Madam Wu Chien-Shiung: The First Lady of Physics Research"
Visit the conference website: http://icwip2014.wlu.ca/
« Go to Upcoming Event List