This is the July - September 2013 newsletter that informs about
selected biophysics articles published in European physics and
biophysics journals. Please share other relevant information, e.g. about
interesting conferences.Marek Cieplak
Chairman of the DPL EPS
List of papers:
Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter
Number 28, 17 July 2013
- "The effect of cross-link distributions in axially-ordered, cross-linked
C Brad Bennett, James Kruczek, D A Rabson, W Garrett Matthews
and Sagar A Pandit
- "Molecular dynamics simulations of single-component bottle-brush
polymers with flexible backbones under poor solvent conditions"
Nikolaos G Fytas and Panagiotis E Theodorakis
Number 32, 14 August 2013
- "The self-assembly of particles with isotropic interactions"
K von Konigslow, E D Cardenas-Mendez, R B Thompson and K Rasmussen
- "Soliton driven relaxation dynamics and protein collapse in the villin
Andrey Krokhotin, Martin Lundgren, Antti J Niemi and Xubiao Peng
Number 37, 18 September 2013
- "Identification of unique interactions between the flexible linker
and the RecA-like domains of DEAD-box helicase Mss116"
Yuan Zhang, MirkPalla, Andrew Sun and Jung-Chi Liao
- "The load dependence of the physical properties of a molecular motor"
Xianchao Meng, Min Yu and Yunxin Zhang
- "Microtubule organization by kinesin motors and microtubule crosslinking
Joshua Pringle, Amutha Muthukumar, Amanda Tan, Laura Crankshaw,
Leslie Conway and Jennifer L Ross
- "Backtracking dynamics of RNA polymerase: pausing and error correction"
Mamata Sahoo and Stefan Klumpp
- "First-passage problems in DNA replication: effects of template tension
on stepping and exonuclease activities of a DNA polymerase motor"
Ajeet K Sharma and Debashish Chowdhury
- "Modelling amyloid fibril formation kinetics: mechanisms of nucleation
J E Gillam and C E MacPhee
- "Mutarotation in biologically important pure L-fucose and its
P Wlodarczyk, A Cecotka, K Adrjanowicz, K Kaminski and M Paluch
- "On the distribution of DNA translocation times in solid-state
nanopores: an analysis using Schringer's first-passage-time theory"
Daniel Y Ling and Xinsheng Sean Ling
- "Evidence of Gumbel distributions of conductance fluctuations in
bacteriorhodopsin thin films"
E Alfinito and L Reggiani